Monday, November 17, 2008

Smarties







Where did this big kid come from?? I crept up to my room tonight to find Jacob asleep in my bed, like so many other nights. This has become sort of a ritual around here. Go to bed in his room and then, after I leave, sneak into my bed and go to sleep. Maybe he is missing his dad a little more tonight.

Brandon is in Kansas City, MO for the National Collegiate Inventor's Competition. We took him to the airport at 5am this morning, only to wish we were going along too. I still don't know why we didn't all go.... Money I suppose. And who would watch the kids so that I could go to his dinners with him?.. I am so proud of him. He is so incredibly talented and amazingly motivated to be the change that he wants to see in the world. http://www.invent.org/collegiate/finalists_2008.html#mcnaughton

I am going to take the kids to my mom's on Wednesday morning where they'll stay and play their hearts out until Thursday afternoon. Jacob will be excited to hang out with Harley and Riley, my mom's dogs that he has been wanting for his birthday and/or Christmas. "I want two dogs named Hawey and Wiwey," he says. I told him he can have them. And he can go visit them and Grammy and Papa Rick's house anytime he wants.

Brandon made up a song that goes, "Logan is my buddy and Jacob is too..." Well, Jacob does not agree with this song and gets very upset with the words. "I am not two," he says, "I am three!" and then continues to sing, "Logan is my buddy and Jacob is three." I love it.

I can't believe I have an almost 4 year old. He is reminding me of it daily now, complete with a reminder that he WILL have a party and it WILL be in California and all his cousins WILL be there, along with a laundry list of all we must have, i.e. goody bags, cake, balloons, streamers, party hats. He is excited. Looks like I need to whip something up for him. I certainly wouldn't want to disappoint him, although, I don't believe he would ever let anything make him disappointed. He is so bright and cheerful, always saying what a beautiful day it is. Every morning, "Mama, it's a beautiful day!"

Yes, Jacob. Yes it is.

1 comment:

Gramma Nee' said...

They sure grow up quickly....memories of 4 little boys in a queen size bed with their dad and mom...I truly miss those days. But God has blessed me with 4 daughters and they blessed me with 10 beautiful grandchildren. " It is a wonderful life! I love your songs and enjoy hearing the music while enjoying your blog. Also I like the new set up on your blog. See you soon!