Election day was a busy day for us yet again; however, Jacob stayed the previous night with Grammy and Rick, so it was a more relaxed day than usual.
My dad was in town and had an early flight out.. We were out of the house by 5:30 am to take him to the airport.
It was actually a nice morning because we were among the first to the polls. We wanted to be as early as possible to be sure we were able to cast our vote in this important election.
We arrived at our polling place at about 6:15. I dropped Brandon off, went and picked up coffee and breakfast at Starbucks, and was back at about 6:40.. Logan and I had our breakfast and then went in to meet Brandon.
WOW.
The line grew by hundreds and hundreds in the time that I was gone. I was pleased when I realized we were in the teens in line!! Yeah! Getting up early really pays off! We were in and out minutes after the polls opened at 7am.
Logan was such a good boy and totally deserved his "I voted" sticker. :o)
After we left, I realized the huge mistake that I made.. Logan was wearing his blue pajamas! What was I thinking?!?! In 4 years, we'll have to be sure we're all in red. ;o)
1 comment:
I see no one in line is in red? Could there be a reason for that? It is nice to take the kids to vote...even if you are red in a blue state.
Post a Comment