Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Jacob the Scientist

June 3, 2009

Jacob's class had an end of the year party and got to vote on what kind of party they wanted to have. The overwhelming vote was a costume party. We asked Jacob what he wanted to dress up as and suggested the basics (an astronaut, policeman, firefighter..) "No," he said, "I want to be a scientist." So a scientist he was.

Dada pilfered a lab coat and goggles from the lab, along with a little spinning magnet thingie (scientific terms.. ;) that he made out of one of Jacob's spinning sucker holders. We also made petri dishes from a science kit we had at home.. Jacob left one at home and took one to school, which turned out to be tons of (disgusting!) fun for all his friends.

I hemmed the bottom and sleeves of Jacob's new lab coat, and he made a name tag for himself that said "Jacob the scientist."

When asked "who had the coolest costume?" Jacob said, "I did! I was a scientist!" I'm glad he loved it so much. :)

Pouring solution into the petri dishes

Jacob the scientist

On with the safety glasses and spinning magnet thingie. ;)

He was so excited to go to school!

... and a little silly. :)

Brothers, heading to school for the day!

The results from Jacob's friend's fingers. Yuck.

1 comment:

Gramma Nee' said...

"Jacob the scientest" sounds like a good childrens book title : ) He looks so cute in his lab coat...and what is growing in the dish... Yikes!