Sunday, October 5, 2008

A deer in headlights


It's 5am. I have been up for a little over an hour..

Brandon has been in St Louis since Thursday. I have been anxiously awaiting his arrival. I figured he would get home around 2am.. maybe 3..

I received a call this morning at about 3:30. It was Brandon. He (and the 2 guys that were riding home with him) had just been in a bad car accident. With a deer. On I-94, about 15 miles away from home. Going about 75 mph.

Evidently the car is in pretty bad shape. It is basically totalled and doesn't run. I am glad to say that they are all ok. None of them were injured, other than the soreness that I am sure they will have and Brandon's broken heart over seeing his beloved Element hurt so badly... Dwight, thanks for ingraining it into your son not to swerve.

The claim is filed, but I am now wondering where we are going to park the beast when we go to work.. It doesn't fit in the garages downtown and street parking (if you can find any) is metered and is only good for 1-2 hours... Plus we can't deal with only one car. We are way too busy.. going too many different directions. Looks like we're going to have to get a rental.. When I got our new insurance a couple months ago, I remember thinking about the beast not fitting in the garages and the fact that we need 2 cars.. I thought I got rental coverage, but evidently I didn't. Oh well. What can you do?..

This is going to be a very interesting week. And I'm not talking about good interesting... Maybe we can keep the UHaul a little longer and drive that to work ;)

Oh well. Brandon and his friends are all ok. That is all that matters.

9:42am Ok.. update... as seen in the pics, the car is not totalled, but is still in pretty bad shape. :(

1 comment:

Gramma Nee' said...

WOW! I am glad everyone is ok...it must have been a big deer.