
When I was little I loved Tang. Absolutely loved it. It was always a treat to get that delicious orange drink on a summer day.
I bought some Tang a couple months ago, thinking the kids would love it the same way I did, which they do. But I didn't realize I would love it even more.
Rewind a week.. While we were in Cali, the kiddos developed goopy eyes, fevers, and grumpy temperaments. When we arrived back in Michigan, I took them to the doctor.. only to discover that they both had pink eye, Logan had an ear infection, and Jacob had a double ear infection. (Or maybe the other way around.. I don't remember anymore..) Anyways, as the doctor is telling me this, I am thinking, "I can deal with drops, maybe even gel in the eyes, but not liquid medication!!" My kids are the worst at taking liquid medication. I will go out of my way and pay double the price to have chewables. Liquid medication ends up being a huge fight that ends in my clothes, their pajamas, and our carpet being stained, as well as the kiddos and myself being sticky messes.. All the while, not swallowing any medicine. The fight takes and hour out of our lives and adds another wrinkle to my brow... I do not like liquid medication.
Fast forward. Doctor says kiddos need amoxicillin. Great. 10 days * 2x per day * 2 kids = 40 fights... 40 hours... 40 wrinkles. This is not going to be good.
Night #1..
Jacob cries. And screams. And spills all over his bed. And pajamas. And me. And Brandon. And Brandon's new suit. And bathroom floor (where we moved to after the first spill.) We finally held him down and poured it in his mouth, hoping that he wouldn't choke like the last time we made him take liquid medicine.
1/2 ended up on Brandon's new pants and 1/2 in Jacob's belly.
Success enough for me.
Logan is up for a rude awakening, although he is easier in some ways. He fights, but I hold him down and squirt it in his mouth with a dropper. Works better.
1/4 on his pajamas and my arm. 3/4 in his belly.
Better score.
Check mirror.. See new wrinkle developing. We need another game plan.
Morning #1..
I am unsure how Brandon got the medicine down. I was at work and happy to miss the medicine fiasco.
Home from work.. Feeling motherly. Let's make some Tang! The kids loved it! Absolutely loved it!!
Uh oh.. Bedtime..
Night #2.
Jacob's medicine time...
I try and try with no avail. I do not want a repeat of last night again.. then I get a great idea! Tang!!
I mix a concoction.. 7.5ml amoxicillin, a couple oz tang to make it orange (we can't have it looking like medicine..), a bit of water so it's not too sweet... PERFECTION!! Now, if only I can fool them..
First Logan, my little guy who loves his food and drinks but hates medicine with a passion.. He drinks it up like it's water in the desert!
Jacob? Success!!
"What is this mom?"
"It's Tang!"
"Yum! Can I have more?"
Ah! Yes!!! Woohoo!!!
Pleased, I sat back, rubbed my brow, and enjoyed a glass of my childhood (and now adult) favorite... Tang.
I bought some Tang a couple months ago, thinking the kids would love it the same way I did, which they do. But I didn't realize I would love it even more.
Rewind a week.. While we were in Cali, the kiddos developed goopy eyes, fevers, and grumpy temperaments. When we arrived back in Michigan, I took them to the doctor.. only to discover that they both had pink eye, Logan had an ear infection, and Jacob had a double ear infection. (Or maybe the other way around.. I don't remember anymore..) Anyways, as the doctor is telling me this, I am thinking, "I can deal with drops, maybe even gel in the eyes, but not liquid medication!!" My kids are the worst at taking liquid medication. I will go out of my way and pay double the price to have chewables. Liquid medication ends up being a huge fight that ends in my clothes, their pajamas, and our carpet being stained, as well as the kiddos and myself being sticky messes.. All the while, not swallowing any medicine. The fight takes and hour out of our lives and adds another wrinkle to my brow... I do not like liquid medication.
Fast forward. Doctor says kiddos need amoxicillin. Great. 10 days * 2x per day * 2 kids = 40 fights... 40 hours... 40 wrinkles. This is not going to be good.
Night #1..
Jacob cries. And screams. And spills all over his bed. And pajamas. And me. And Brandon. And Brandon's new suit. And bathroom floor (where we moved to after the first spill.) We finally held him down and poured it in his mouth, hoping that he wouldn't choke like the last time we made him take liquid medicine.
1/2 ended up on Brandon's new pants and 1/2 in Jacob's belly.
Success enough for me.
Logan is up for a rude awakening, although he is easier in some ways. He fights, but I hold him down and squirt it in his mouth with a dropper. Works better.
1/4 on his pajamas and my arm. 3/4 in his belly.
Better score.
Check mirror.. See new wrinkle developing. We need another game plan.
Morning #1..
I am unsure how Brandon got the medicine down. I was at work and happy to miss the medicine fiasco.
Home from work.. Feeling motherly. Let's make some Tang! The kids loved it! Absolutely loved it!!
Uh oh.. Bedtime..
Night #2.
Jacob's medicine time...
I try and try with no avail. I do not want a repeat of last night again.. then I get a great idea! Tang!!
I mix a concoction.. 7.5ml amoxicillin, a couple oz tang to make it orange (we can't have it looking like medicine..), a bit of water so it's not too sweet... PERFECTION!! Now, if only I can fool them..
First Logan, my little guy who loves his food and drinks but hates medicine with a passion.. He drinks it up like it's water in the desert!
Jacob? Success!!
"What is this mom?"
"It's Tang!"
"Yum! Can I have more?"
Ah! Yes!!! Woohoo!!!
Pleased, I sat back, rubbed my brow, and enjoyed a glass of my childhood (and now adult) favorite... Tang.
3 comments:
Was'nt it Tang that the astronauts took into space?
sooo cute good thinking mama...
i had the lovely opportunity to give jacob medicine while he was in CA........i got home that night to find most of it in my hair....thanks buddy!!!!!
Post a Comment