I feel that this has been the extent of our lives the past couple months. I (and the kids, unfortunately) wake up to the sound of the neighbor's snowblower, Brandon gets up and shovels the driveway and sidewalk.. and usually the sidewalks of the neighbors.. When it's time to leave for school I run out and warm up the car in the drive and hope that nobody steals it while it warms up, unattended, for 30 minutes... slide the car to school, work, and errands on the unplowed, unsalted roads of earthy Ann Arbor.. all while being sure to bundle the kids up in their snow pants, snow boots, hats, gloves, and coats (and take extra shoes to school for inside play)...
When we get home the kids go running and track the house with wet, muddy footprints and pieces of clothing shed here and there.
All outerwear must be arranged nicely so that it will dry by morning, only to dirty and wet it up all again.
Our house and cars on what seems to be a normal morning around here.
Icicles and piles of snow

Jacob's failed attempts at sliding


2 comments:
How cozy and warm your house looks I love it....Logan looks like he is enjoying the cold outdoors? In a few weeks you will be thawing out in California : )
burrrrrr.....that looks so dang cold....i don't know if i would leave my house! at least the boys don't seem to mind it. see ya in a few weeks.
Post a Comment